Follow the steps below to set up Windows Live Mail to retrieve and send email from our mail server. (Replace "yourdomain.com" with your actual domain name.)
- Log in to Windows Live Mail.
- Go to Tools/Accounts.
- Click on Add and choose E-mail Account.
- Email address: Enter the full email address of the POP account you are going to access.
- Password: Enter the password associated with the above account.
- Display Name: Type the name you would like to display on the email, then click Next.
- Choose POP3 for incoming mail server.
- Incoming server: mail.yourdomain.com.
- Choose Authenticated POP (APOP) for Log on using.
- Login ID: Enter the full email address of the POP account you are accessing (e.g.: email@example.com).
- Outgoing Server: Enter the name of the SMTP server (e.g.: mail.yourdomain.com).
- Click on My outgoing server requires authentication. Click Next. Note: Ensure that "This server requires a secure connection (SSL)" is unchecked. Leave everything else in its default state. By default Windows Live Mail will keep a copy of the emails on our email server.
- Click Finish.
Note: SMTP default port is 25, althernative port is 8889