Before you attempt to connect, make sure you have created a database in Control Panel.
To connect to your SQL database using SQL Server Management Studio, follow the steps listed below:
Open SQL Server Management Studio, the Connect to Server window will open. Select/enter the following:
* Server Type: Database Engine
* Server Name: [The SQL server name can be found in the Control Panel]
* Authentication: SQL Server Authentication
* Login: [SQL database Login name]
* Password: [SQL database Password]
Click connect and you will be connected to the SQL server.