This article covers the steps necessary to change the name server
records for domain names registered with Register.com. This information
should be used when updating your domain name to point to your account
at myASP.NET. The instructions were gathered from the
Register.com web site FAQs.
- Go to http://www.register.com/
- From the navigation menu select "Your Account" --> "Account Log-in"
- Enter your account's user name and password and hit "Log In" button
- Select the domain name for which you wish to change DNS Servers
- Under the heading "DOMAIN NAME SYSTEM SERVERS (DNS SERVERS)" remove the existing name server information and enter:
- Both name servers are required.
- When the confirmation page appears, click "Continue"
Name server updates typically take 12 to 24 hours, though in some cases
the propagation of the change can take up to 72 hours. Site users may
report problems accessing your site at myASP.NET during this
time. Until propagation is complete, requests to your domain name may
point to your previous host.
If do not remember your Register.com username and password, go to http://www.register.com/support/account/password.rcmx
The password will be
sent to the administrative contact for the domain. If you are not the
administrative contact, you will have to contact Register.com toll free
in the U.S. and Canada at (800) 899-9724. Outside the U.S. and Canada,
phone +1 (902) 749-2701.
Please note that the procedures for making changes at Register.com
are subject to change. If you find that any part of this article is
inaccurate, please let our technical support department know so that we
can update this article,thanks