This article covers the steps necessary to change the name server
records for domain names registered with Yahoo!. This information
should be used when updating your domain name to point to your account
at myASP.NET. The information was gathered from the Yahoo! web
Note: Yahoo! is a reseller for the domain registrar, Melbourne IT.
- Go to: http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/services/
- You will see modules for each of your domain names on the "Manage My Services" page
- Select the "Domain Control Panel" link that corresponds to the domain whose record you wish to edit
- Click the "Manage Advanced DNS Settings" link on your Domain Control Panel
- Click the "Change Name Servers" button
- Replace the primary and secondary name server host names with:
- Both name servers are required
- Click the "Submit" button
- You will return to the "Advanced DNS Settings" page, and your new name server will appear in the name servers list.
Name server updates typically take 12 to 24 hours, though in some cases
the propagation of the change can take up to 72 hours. Site users may
report problems accessing your site at myASP.NET during this
time. Until propagation is complete, requests to your domain name will
point to your previous host.
If you need to contact Yahoo! Small Business you can call 1-866-849-8258 or you can submit your question via this form
Please note that the procedures for making changes at Yahoo! are
subject to change. If you find that any part of this article is
inaccurate, please let our technical support department know so that we
can update this article,thanks