How to deploy a Visual Studio 2008/2005 or Visual Web Developer 2008/2005 web project from my local computer to our web servers
Authoring Tools > Visual Studio 2005/2008
To deploy a Visual Studio 2008/2005 project from your local computer to your hosting account, follow the steps below. These steps apply to both Visual Studio 2008/2005 and Visual Web Developer 2008/2005.
* Open the web project to be deployed in Visual Studio 2008/2005.
* Go to web site -> Copy Web Site. The Copy Web tab will show the Source Web site and the Remote Web site.
* Click the "Connect" button. The "Open Web Site" window will pop up.
* Select FTP Site.
* Enter the following values. You can get your FTP info via
o Server: full FTP address
o Port: 21
o Directory: site1 OR [name of the remote directory to copy to; ex: site1/app1]
o Passive Mode: checked
o Anonymous Login: unchecked, and enter your login information
* Note that passive mode may not be compatible with some home network routers or modems. If you have difficulty connecting, try switching passive mode off.
* Click "Open."
* Select the files you want to copy from the Source Web site list.
* Use the arrow buttons in the middle to copy the selected files from source to remote web site.
Article ID: 6
Created: June 21, 2012 at 10:08 PM
Modified: January 4, 2017 at 9:26 PM
Share this article
Other Social Networks
Share With Others
Send Reset Email
Please log in below
Not Logged In
You must be logged in to perform this action.